Sunday, June 17, 2012
In 1960, the community's name changed again to Williamsburg. This was in honor of the nearby Williamsburg School, which when it opened in 1840 was the first public school in North Carolina.
The third and final cable river ferry in North Carolina crosses the Meherrin River not that far from the Virginia State Line. Parker'...
Along North Church Street (US 70) in Burlington since 1947, Skid's Drive-In is one of the few remaining car hop drive-in restaurants (...
On a rare short stretch of dirt road in Eastern Wake County sits the former Oaky Grove Methodist Church. While Raleigh's growth move...