Downtown Forest City, NC along US 74 Business and US 221A.
Originally incorporated as Burnt Chimney in 1877. The name 'Burnt Chimney' came from the burned remains of the McArthur household that marked the crossroads.. However, ten years later the named was changed to Forest City in honor of Forest Davis, a nearby lumber merchant.
On the web: Town of Forest City website.